Sunday, August 05, 2007

Happy Friendship Day: Part Three


I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason.
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those who help us most to grow.
If we let them. And we help them in return.
Well I don't know if I believe that's true.
But, I know I'm who I am to day because I knew you.
......From
Wicked

Finishing off my Friendship Day posts: This my friend, Eva. Eva and I got off to a rocky start. If you ask her, she'd say she was afraid of me. A pattern that repeats it's self often at work. I'm not an easy person to get to know. And not such an easy person to like either. I am so happy you saw through all the gruff. You are so special to me and will be forever. I love you and miss you every single day.
This is a picture of Eva and Lisa when we took a short drive up the coast.
We went to The Hitching Post for dinner.
Here's... The Bickersons. This is Tommy. He has been my plumber, my carpenter, my computer guy and my reality TV watching partner. And, my friend. I have Lisa to thank for sharing him. Now Lisa.
We met years ago at the hospital. The thing that brought us together? A love for Rickie Lee Jones. You and Tom have always been a safety net for me. Two people I can always count on to catch me when I'm falling. Thank you for that. I love you both.
I have finally made it to the end. From my sister and Bonnie Nell to Ryan, Briana and Dylan. Briana is an OT at the hospital. I have posted before about trying not to let myself get attached to people at work. However, I got attached to Briana anyway. And, in return, I have what feels like a family to me. You and Ryan always make me feel welcome and loved. And no words can say how much your little boy has won over my heart. Briana, you have to know by now how much you mean to me. Let me say it again: If I had a daughter, I would want her to be just like you.
I love you.
One of my favorite pictures. The sperm sticker. ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm an ass..one of my more endearing qualities....We have been through a lot the three of us, and what hasn't killed us has made us stronger. The wonderful thing about true friendship is that it is give and take. We are all three really lucky we have each other. May our friendships last till we are old and that cat visits.
We love you KW,
Lisa and Tom

8:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kathy,
You know how easily I cry! Your friendship day tribute is touching and thoughtful. Are you feeling okay?

I will always cherish your friendship. You have stretched me and pushed me out of my comfort zone and I am the better for it! You bless me, dear friend, and I am glad you didn't give up on me even though I'm not around anymore.

I have learned to appreciate modern technology with email and am grateful for it!! It helps keep me in the loop!!

Love you!!
ES

6:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home