Saturday, August 04, 2007

Friendship Day: Part Two


Continuing with my Friendship Day posts, I give you Annie Fannie Fishel. Anne and I have been friends since grad school. When I graduated, I moved to Bakersfield and then to Orange County. She went on to work at HMH. When the hospital had an opening, she recommended me. The rest is 20 years of history. Anne is one of those 'nice' people. You know the kind I'm talking about. She is such a wonderful human being. You saved me from a dreary career life of working in nursing homes. I can never thank you enough for that.

This is my friend Lynn. She is not really a french maid. This was taken at her Halloween party. I cannot say for sure that isn't a real hooker in the background, though. Lynn's real job was a PT at the hospital. We were roommates for a time as well. Everything that happened in the townhouse, stayed in the townhouse. We were very close then with many long talks into the night. I hope with the recent emails, we can begin a new chapter in our friendship.


This is my friend, Susan. She is another SLP at the hospital. We became fast friends when she came on staff. She always has a smile on her face and has something good to say about everyone. You have saved me many times from completely losing it at work. Thanks for being a constant source of support.


Ah...Karen. Yes, that is a basket on her head. Karen was a recreation therapist at work. Back when I was younger and thinner, we would jog around the Rose Bowl together. She was my buddy. My pal. She was just plain fun. Thank you for all the great memories, Karen. I miss seeing you.

I have met a lot of wonderful people at the hospital. Here are a few I remember fondly:





Alan, Dr. Kamal, Dion, Suzanne, Pete, Pam, Mike and Sue.





Eva and Sue Mc.






Kathy, Carmen, Josie and Fran standing at the nurses station of the old rehab unit. I can always count on Carmen for a hug on the days she works. I can almost hear Josie saying "Who cares?"







Christy, Betty and Maureen at a Dr. Hegde Christmas party. Even though she appears drunk in this photo, Betty was the best head nurse ever.








Jeanette and Isabel at Isabel's wedding shower.









Laura, Kirsten, Mo, Andi and me. This was taken at Andi's graduation party.


Flora, Briana and Jen at Playa Del Rey.



And, last, but not least for today's post: me, Suzie, Jen and Allie. If you knew Allie, you'd be laughing right now. She's that funny. And her husband is pretty cool too!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay.. you made me laugh earlier with my tattoo e-mail and now you have made me cry. Thanks for thinking of me and you are indeed a very special friend. Here's to having more good times :)

10:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not even an honorable mention? That sucks! ...... Lisa

2:32:00 PM  
Blogger godfreysmama said...

Lisa, you are so impatient! ;)

5:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home