Monday, July 23, 2007

Heart Attack


A new study shows an increased risk of heart disease in people who drink even one soda a day. Just ONE. It doesn't matter if it's a regular or a diet.
Soda apparently increases the risk of something called "metabolic syndrome."
This is a group of symptoms that increase the risk of heart disease.
Those who know me know I drink more than one diet pepsi a day. We won't go into how many I drink. But, it's way more than just one.
I took a look at myself to see if I have any of these symptoms:
Large waistline: check
Higher levels of blood pressure: mine is slightly on the low side of high.
Higher levels of blood sugar: mine was high last time I checked on my mom's blood glucose meter.
High cholesterol level: yeppers
High triglycerides: uh-oh

I'm a dead woman walking...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move over sis, I'm right there with ya. But at this point, not ready to give up my juice (diet coke) just yet. Remember the studies on coffee? Eggs? Tomatoes? Tofu (gag)? Hormone Therapy? Back and forth flip and flop...I need more proof with this one...
Yours in shoppin' for a coffin',
ljo

5:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home