Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Beat Goes On


I went to Calabasas today with my sister, Cheryl, to watch my nephew in a drum corp competition. He is in a group called "Fever". Here is a picture of Jared marching. He plays the snare drum. He plays it rather well, I might add. All those years of constant drumming have really paid off. And, when I say constant, I mean constant. At the table during dinner, in the car behind the seat, in the living room watching TV. I don't even think he knows he's doing it. It's just in his blood.

This is after the performance. I know it's hard to see, but that's him between Snoop Dogg and Orlando Bloom from Lord of the Rings. If you click on the picture, you can see what I mean.


Jared and his favorite aunt.



He gets more handsome every year. Saying things like that is what makes me his favorite aunt.
Next month, the final competition of the season is in Pasadena. And, I will be there for (almost) every beat.

1 Comments:

Blogger dillyweed said...

Very nice pictures. So where is the one with you and Cheryl? Or was she the one behind the camera in all these?
Also, where's the video so we can hear the drums and see him in action? I was all geared up to show Dylan. But he DID point out "Kat-ty" as soon as I opened up the link.
So when is this Pasadena competition?

6:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home