Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Sing. Sing a Song"


Ever heard of an earworm? It's when a song or melody gets stuck in your head and you can't seem to get rid of it.

Our friend,
Lydia, had one this week. This is the link to her earworm. She wanted to pass it along to the rest of us.

Earworms are more frequent among women than men. They are more likely to attack musicians and music lovers. And, slightly neurotic people (surprise!) are more prone to suffer from them.

What are the most common earworms today? The top ten:

1. Whatever one is caught in you head right now.
2. Chili's "Baby Back Ribs" jingle.
3. "Who Let the Dogs Out"
4. "We will Rock You"
5. Kit Kat Bar jingle ("Gimme a break, gimme a break...")
6. The theme from Mission Impossible.
7. "YMCA"
8. "
Whoop, There it is" OK...I am old and had no idea what song this was. I had to look it up online to hear it.
9. "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
10. "It's a Small World"

I managed to avoid Lydia's Axe commercial worm this week.
However, I did contract another one. I was at Briana and Ryan's on Tuesday. They were playing some music for their son as a way of calming him down. It was only on for a minute. But, that was long enough for this nasty worm to burrow it's way into my brain. And, it's been circulating in my head ever since.
Click
here at your own risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home