Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Left Foot

Last week I put up a post about my feet. I had found an old clipping about my orthopedic surgeon and decided to write a post about him and my feet. I put up a picture of my right foot.
I took the post down after I got a kind of nasty anonymous comment about my "Frankenstein" foot.
Honestly, this stupid comment from an unknown person should not have upset me. I must admit, though, it did send me back to my childhood when kids said hurtful things about them. It's funny, in a way, how things that were said and done so many years ago can still strike a cord within us. Can still make us feel badly about ourselves.
I put the post back up tonight. It took a lot for me to post it in the first place and I don't want to take a step backward (no pun intended). I took out the comment, but now I wish I had just left it there.
I decided to post a picture of my left foot. The above is a photo of me (in 1961, I think) with a cast on the leg.
And, this is the foot in 2007.
Take that, Anonymous.


4 Comments:

Blogger dillyweed said...

Good girl.

Don't let some idiot's comment dictate what you do and don't post. This is YOUR blog.

Besides, what kind of coward posts a nasty comment and doesn't leave their name?

I'm proud of you!

And I have to admit, I'm partial to 'ol lefty.

8:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in reading your blog, i applaud you for your strength,that person is a F*!%# rk and must look at themselves cause they aint perfect either and besides your feet are still sexy and i want to rub them!!!! from afar

9:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah....take that anonymous!! Hey, maybe Brianna & I can punch em - we're good at that. So proud of you! Makes me wanna give you a hug - I just may do that ;)

9:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Ka-Ra-Tey, and can kick some pretty mean ass...are ya scared Anonymous???? I am known as the SoPas Slugger and am quite fierce. Remember, mean spirited people are only trying to hide something about themselves. AND to be mean spirited in the chicken-shit way that Anonymous was means they REALLY have issues.

4:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home