Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Right Foot

I was going through a box of old cards, letters and memorabilia my Mom had given me last year. I had not gotten around to looking through it until last weekend. I found this old clipping from the hometown newspaper. The man on the right, Dr. Iger, was my orthopedic surgeon. He was a hero in my life.
I was born with club feet and had a number of surgeries. My Mom was told I would probably never walk. Because of Dr. Iger, I do walk.
However, as a result of the operations, I have some rather unsightly scars. I rarely let anyone see my bare feet. I have made Briana promise me that, if I am incapacitated in any way, she will make sure I have a pair of socks on at all times.
Briana has made it a sort of mission to get me to take off my shoes and socks. She had Ryan take the above portrait of their feet in an effort to try to make me more comfortable showing mine.
So, in honor of Dr. Iger (and my friend, Briana), a picture of my right foot.



And, a picture of Godfrey's four paws.






Now, excuse me while I go put on a pair of slippers.
My feet are cold.




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok....I don't know why you insist on hiding those feet. We all have a few battle scars on our bodies (I have a little more than most). Your feet are so cute!! I better see you wearing flip flops at the beach next year. Thanks for finally letting me see your feet. I promise I will put your socks back on before they cremate you ;)

9:35:00 PM  
Blogger dillyweed said...

Wow. I'm still shocked that you posted a picture of your feet on here. I'm proud of you.
So does this mean that we'll be seeing you in flip-flops or sandles of some kind soon?
And I second Flora's comment about how everyone has some scars. Your feet are cute. So are Godfrey's for that matter.

9:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we talk about facades,can openers,closets,fronts...... oh, can i rub those sexy feet????

10:04:00 PM  
Blogger godfreysmama said...

I don't think flip flops or sandals are in the immediate future. Though I think Godfrey is considering a pair of crocs.

And there will definitely be NO rubbing of the feet. I have not lost my mind.

But, I am beginning to think this whole post may have been a terrible mistake.

10:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home