Friday, May 25, 2007

Gimme a Head With Hair

I went with Briana to the Huntington Garden's plant sale last Saturday. After a 20 minute search for a parking space, we ended up with some pretty great plants. I was looking for a couple of indoor plants to get some color in my place. I have never really had plants at home because I was always afraid the cats would destroy them while I was out. So what was the point?

The solution? Cactus! Godfrey is smart enough to figure out not to dig in a cactus. I think.

I love the desert gardens at the Huntington, so we knew they would have plenty to choose from.

I have managed to transplant it into a container and keep it alive for a whole week. It even has two little flowers growing from it now. You could say I have a green, if not somewhat punctured, thumb.

Posting about a cactus. A new blogger low.

But, doesn't it look like a little hairy man?
A cross between Santa Claus and, say,this
guy?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you for the huge belly laugh. I can always count on you.

9:59:00 PM  
Blogger dillyweed said...

You really had me rolling with the last picture. Where ever did you find that?
And congrats on your green thumbs. Hope the punctured wounds heal soon...

11:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, he does have a resemblance to Santa, Phil blah, blah blah. But he truly looks like Beard Papa. And once you have delighted in a Beard Papa's cream puff you will create a shrine using your Beard Papa look-a-like as the holy grail. If you have not tasted a Beard Papa's cream puff you owe it to yourself, to the world, to sample this epicurian delight. If we all ate Beard Papa's there could be no more war, we'd all be happy and able to get along. Beard Papa's lovers unite! The closest Beard Papa's KW is located in Arcadia at:
860 S. Baldwin Avenue
Arcadia, CA 91007
(626) 574-1783

6:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home