Sunday, May 06, 2007

War Is Not The Answer


30 young men and women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan this past week.
And what are Americans reading about?
Paris Hilton might have to go to jail for 45 days for violating her probation.

I was listening to Marvin Gaye this weekend.

Mother, mother.
There's too many of you crying.
Brother, brother, brother.
There's far too many of you dying.
You know, we've got to find a way,
to bring some lovin' here today.
Father, father.
We don't need to escalate.
You see, war is not the only answer.
For only love can conquer hate.


True during the Vietnam War. Still true today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's weird!

I've been writing a lot over the past few days. So I've been listening to my 200 disc CD changer a lot. And it keeps going back to the Marvin Gaye album. I was just thinking to myself how appropriate that song is today...

Small, coincidence-filled world, ain't it?

4:02:00 PM  
Blogger godfreysmama said...

l.a daddy: Coincidence is right! Wow.
That whole album seems so pertinent in our world today, doesn't it? From "What's going on" to "Mercy, mercy me".

7:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home