Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Golf

Last week, I went to my first golf lesson. I signed up through an extention course with a friend from work. In our first lesson, we learned the fine art of putting.


Katie, as it turned out, is a good putter. Mark, the instructor, oohhh'd and ahhhh'd through the entire hour. He marveled at how quickly Katie was picking up the sport.


"Nice putting Katie. Good for you." Mark said. "Wow, Katie, you have a nice stroke!"


He did not have many nice things to say about my golfing technique. I apparently suck at putting.
He was looking at me as if I was having a stroke.


At any rate, tonight was supposed to be our second lesson. Mark had to cancel as he was down with the flu. Katie was especially disappointed because she had a great new golfing outfit to try out.


But, my "ex-boyfriend", Fred saved the day!


Fred took Katie and I out to Brookside golf course and gave us a driving lesson.
A "driving lesson" is golf talk for taking us out there and letting us hit the ball as hard as we could.


I think the pictures of Fred and Katie tell the story (and don't forget to oohh and aahh over the golf outfit):








"This is called a golf club. You hold it like this."








"You swing it like this. You
think you want to try it now?"


















"Let me show you how it's done.
Keep your left elbow straight and bend your right
one. And, whatever you do, keep your
head down."







"No, no. I said bend those
knees. And keep your
shoulders back."








"You'll get the hang of it. By the way, did I mention that's a lovely golf outfit?"

1 Comments:

Blogger dillyweed said...

Fred's shoes are priceless. And I love the picture with "always keep your head down" - that's halarious.
I don't know much about golfing, but I do agree that Katie's outfit is pretty cute.
What did you wear? No pictures of Kathers?
Glad you got to golf tonight. I know you wanted that lesson. Hopefully Marky-Mark will feel better by next week.

9:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home