Sunday, February 18, 2007

This Week

Most Sundays, I try to watch "This Week with George Stephanopoulos." I enjoy politics even though I don't enjoy most politicians.

Today's guest was Republican Mitt Romney and his wife, Anne. Mr. Romney is running for President of the United States. He seems like a nice enough man.

One of the things that is making his presidential bid interesting is that he is a Morman by faith.

Some say this country isn't ready for a woman president. Or an African American president. Are we ready for a Morman president?

I won't be voting for him. Not because of his religion. Not because he is a Republican. Not even because I don't agree with his views on gun control and abortion.

No. I won't vote for Mr. Romney because America isn't ready for a president named "Mitt."