Monday, March 26, 2007

Mis-Matched Shoes

I have noticed a disturbing trend happening in my life over the last few months. I appear to be having a decline in my cognitive abilities.

A few examples:

I locked myself out of my office last month. Twice. In one day. Thankfully, co-workers were nearby and unlocked it for me.

Later in the week, I locked myself out of my apartment. Thankfully, my friend Lisa has a key and brought right over for me.

A couple of weeks ago, I set my eyeglasses down somewhere in the apartment and couldn't find them. I am pretty much Helen Keller without them. Thankfully, I knew where I had my prescription sunglasses. I turned on every light in the place because it's hard to see inside wearing sunglasses. After about 15 minutes, I found my glasses. On top of my head (no, I am not kidding).

Then, I accidentally left my backdoor unlocked and wide open. All night. In Los Angeles. Thankfully, The Night Stalker is safely locked up in San Quentin and OJ is somewhere golfing Florida. So, I lived to see another day.

Last week, the mismatched shoes. I went to work wearing one brown shoe and one black shoe. It is not like it was the same style shoe in different colors. They were completely different shoes. With different heels. One a little higher than the other. Thankfully, nobody at work noticed. When I pointed it out to a few of my friends at lunch, they laughed hysterically. Now, when I walk up to the rehab unit where I work, all eyes go to my feet to see if I'm wearing a matching pair of shoes.

How could I be so forgetful? So absentminded? What does this all mean?

Then, it hit me. I have finally become what I thought I would never be.

I have become my mother.

6 Comments:

Blogger dillyweed said...

So I guess I don't need to meet your mom now, eh? I know you...
Sorry about the shoes. I wish I was feeling better that day so I could have been one of the gang laughing it up with you at lunch over In&Out burgers.
Ah, the burgers. Why couldn't I have been sick the week before instead? So sad, so sad.

8:28:00 PM  
Blogger godfreysmama said...

Yeah,,,I'm not so sure they were laughing "with" me so much as "at" me. ;)

8:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need a place to stay and have 24/7 supervision, we've got a room for you in the country! ES =)

5:19:00 PM  
Blogger godfreysmama said...

Don't tempt me. I may need that supervision pretty soon. I might even need min assist!

4:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the outfit "katie" was wearing does it come with a skirt?

10:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! howcome you didn't post the NICER picture of me with Adrian. you have my approval... hehehe ;) gb

9:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home