Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nathan


Last evening, I went to the birthday party of my friend Flora's son, Nathan. Nathan just turned two.

Why would a single, childless 40 something woman want to write a post about a two year olds birthday party?

Because Nathan is very special.

Last year, he was diagnosed with a serious illness. Through the efforts of some pretty amazing doctors and nurses and the love and support of family and friends, prayers were answered. Nay-Nay has fully recovered. He is once again, a happy, healthy, rambunctious little boy.

I just wanted to share the highlights of his evening:







That's Amy, thinking about sticking her finger in the cake.







Big Brother Brian with his Grandma.






More moms and their "babies."






Lydia just before she spilled that Mojito on my camera.



My "ex-boyfriend" Fred relaxing.









John T watching the kids. Always the supervisor!














Jovana, Adrian and Flora. This also marked the debut of Adrian's Mohawk haircut.






Lydia and Gladys. This picture was published with the approval of Gladys herself.






The Mohawk, Chris and Jen.









I found the best way to have a pomegranate martini is from a plastic choo choo train.





Daddy Jon, Flora, Brian and Nathan.







More pictures of Nathan. Thanks to Amy for holding on to him!











Away he goes! Happy Birthday Nay-Nay. And may you have many, many more.

3 Comments:

Blogger dillyweed said...

Sooooo, I guess there WERE kids there. That means we could have gone after all. Bummer.
Looks like you had a great time. And the choo-choo martini is a nice touch!

4:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kathy with a "K". That was so touching , and yes he is a very special boy indeed. I saved all the pics & I especially loved the one of Nathan squinting his eyes on the swing. Pretty funny. I better see you drinking your morning diet Pepsi in your train cup at work tomorrow!

7:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! howcome you didn't post the NICER picture of me with Adrian. you have my approval. hehehe ;) gb

8:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home