Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Maybe It's A Bull

I have a new patient on the unit.
When going over orientation, I ask her to tell me her age. She always guesses that she's about 40 years younger than she really is.
I feel bad for her. Everyday after she's says she's about 48 years old, I have to tell her she is 78.
It always comes a shock to her.
Most of the time she doesn't believe me.

Her husband told me today that she is also surprised with how old he is.
She wonders why he's using a cane for walking.

I was looking at the cane, which is a rather old fashioned wood device. Definitely not one of the newer, sleeker models made with metal and painted with flashy colors.
Rather, it had a simple quality to it. It was bent in a couple of places, but certainly served it purpose well.

I asked my patient if she had ever seen him walk with it before.

"With what?"

"This cane over here."

"That's a cow's penis."

Well, if it is, it's mighty long one.
And, I didn't want to touch that with a ten foot pole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home