Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wade and Karen

Two of my cousins were diagnosed with cancer this year.

While I was in the hospital recovering from surgery, my cousin Wade passed away from liver cancer.

This is a picture of Wade as a baby.



My cousin, Karen, passed away last weekend from colon cancer.



This is a picture of Karen, me, Cheryl and my cousin Lynette.
In the background you can see the Christmas curtain I mentioned in a previous post.




This is a picture of Cheryl and Karen with some kittens. This picture was taken at my grandparent's house.








I am having a hard time understanding all of this.
Wondering how three of us were diagnosed with cancer within months of each other.

And, the big question:

Why am I still here?


1 Comments:

Blogger Chris S said...

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousins. Here's my 2 cents: You are here because it is NOT your time to go. Everyone has a time to go and right now...it's not yours. I have been asking God for 2 years "WHY" my daughter has had to endure such strange problems with her body with no diagnosis and I'm still not getting an answer. I know it's a waste to ask "why", so WHY is it that I can't stop asking "why". All I can think of is that it's a process of letting go in order to let the BIG MAN upstairs handle it. Easier to say than to do, for sure.

2:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home