Tuesday, August 21, 2007

WING

Over on my list of links, I have a website for April Winchell. She is a comedienne/voice over actress. I used to listen to her radio show when she was on KFI a few years ago.

She would play a lot of really, really bad music. Like Leonard Nimoy singing "
Both Sides Now" and "YMCA" in Cantonese.

It is on her website, that I discovered Wing Han Tsang. Her stage name is simply "
Wing".

What Wing can do with the music of the Beatles, Elvis and Andrew Lloyd Webber is incredible, if not truly inspiring.

I found a video on YouTube that puts her amazing talents on display. I didn't think anyone could top The Carpenter's "
Close To You". However, Wing has made this classic her very own.

Go take a look.

And, you're welcome.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a BIG thank-you to you!!! The Dancing Queen sample almost made my teeth fall out. I would have dropped everything and flown up to San Francisco to see her yesterday if I had read this post a day earlier.
A new convert,
ljo

11:55:00 AM  
Blogger dillyweed said...

And I thought that was going to make my head feel BETTER. I've decided that her voice is definitely one of my triggers for migraines!
Thanks for helping me with my search.
-Briana
p.s. If she can get albums, maybe I can too. And I thought my singing was awful!

2:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That was painfully funny. You were serious!!! I can't get that voice out of my head. It's bad enough that I have the Carpenter's song in my head now, but she's singing it!!!! Shouldn't have listened to it before bed - many thanks.

10:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy,
Aside from moving away from friends and family, listening to that is a close second to the most painful experience I have ever had!! Leonard Nimoy wasn't bad. The Cantonese version of "YMCA" was quite entertaining and I actually understood some of it. Those two lured me in to listening to Ms. Tsang and her voice made my skin crawl! Now, Jim is singing "Close to you" changing the words and torturing me with the memory of her voice!! Thanks a bunch!
ES

12:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home