Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Say A Little Prayer For You

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had a cold with my last chemo treatment.
I started to feel better, but then seemed to have a relapse.
I have been trying to take it easy, so I would feel OK for my final infusion which is next Monday.

But, staying inside and watching TV for days on end has done a number on my emotional state.

Yes, the women of The View, Bonnie Hunt, Judge Judy and the good people of Pine Valley have tried to fill the emptiness of my days.

However, these last few weeks have really been lonely.
I have been napping a lot. That disrupts my sleep. As does the hot flashes.
I am not getting any hormone replacements and that makes my state of mind fluctuate from hour to hour.

I am thankful for my friends.
Lisa calls me almost everyday to check in on me and to offer support.
Susan calls often and has been really helpful taking me to chemo and staying with me so she can drive me home.
Carmen calls to see how I am doing. She gives me all kinds of ideas for getting better, from yoga to taking vitamin D.

All of them have been so good about accepting my many moods and not holding them against me.

Unfortunately for Briana, she gets to see all of the really teary low points from the cancery girl.
Thank you for being patient with me. For loving me even when I am not at all likable.
She forwarded this text message to me tonight. Bonnie was babysitting the kids tonight and originally sent it to Briana.




from bonnie FWD:
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:14 PM
From:
@VTEXT.COM" <@VTEXT.COM>


To:
@SBCGLOBAL.NET


from bonnie FWD: Dylan just prayed "dear God thank you for Cathy help her feel better from her chemo. Amen."


This little boy said a prayer for me.


.


I feel better already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home