Friday, September 26, 2008

Row 9, Center

Last night, Lisa took me for an early birthday present, to see Rickie Lee Jones. She was playing at the Cerritos Center For The Performing Arts.
Lisa and I having going to see RLJ for years. I can't even begin to say how many times we have seen her. But,we have seen her twice this year.

My first time was at the Raymond Theatre here in Pasadena circa 1980. I was in college at the time. My sister and bro-in-law came up from B-field for the show. That's when Rickie Lee ( I say "Rickie Lee" like we're friends or something) was drinking onstage a lot.
We couldn't understand a word she sang and I LOVED it.
Now, she's sipping water during the performances and she seems to be getting better with age.

Did I say age?
That reminds me.
I'm not sure what the median age was at that show last night, but I think it might have been about 64.
Lisa and I were standing in the lobby gazing at the crowd.
Gray hair. Everywhere.



We began to wonder where they were storing all the walkers.
Who were these old folks? And, why were they at a RLJ concert?
"Season Ticket holders", we reasoned.
No, these old people loved her.

Just like we will when we're 64.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great video....All my love, Grannie Jo

7:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home