Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Wednesday Night Live Starring Tina Fey

I thought the Governor's speech tonight was well delivered. I have to give her credit. This was her first major, national speech and she came out swinging.

She went out there to stir up support for the Republican ticket like she was supposed to.

She had some good lies...ummm, I mean lines.

And by the end of that speech, those convention goers were whipped into a frenzy.
I have to say I have mixed emotions about this whole thing.

I have wanted to see a woman on a ticket for a long time.

Although I support Obama wholeheartedly, I would have gladly voted for Hillary Clinton had she been the nominee.
No question I would like to see a woman in one the highest positions in this country.

Just not this woman. Gov. Palin.
Here are my reasons:

1. She is misleading when she states she said "Thanks, but no thanks" to money earmarked for the "Bridge to Nowhere". Initially, she was actually for the bill. She only rejected the money when controversy erupted in the national media about the project.

2. She denies man-made global warming. Whether you agree or disagree as to the cause of global warming, clearly something needs to be done.

3. She wants to sue the government to lift the protected status of polar bears.

4, She wants to drill, drill, drill in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge. I've been over this before. More drilling in Alaska and off shore will not solve our energy crisis. Just a nice way for politicians to hoodwink the people into thinking they are solving the problem, while they pad their pocketbooks. They think we're stupid.

5. Palin slashed funding 20% for a state program providing housing for teen aged mothers.

6. Palin fired a librarian when she became mayor, because she wouldn't ban some books. The community gave the librarian a strong show of support and she was re-instated.

7. When State Trooper Mike Wooten was in a bitter divorce from Palin's sister, Palin pressured Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan to fire him. When Monegan refused, she fired HIM instead. Seems like an abuse of power to me.


8. Palin has stated the Iraq War is a task from God. While at the same time declaring "I haven't focused much on the war in Iraq." If you think it's a God given task, why aren't you concerned about it?

9. She left a $ 20 million deficit in the town of Wasilla when she left office.
For town with less than 7000 people!
Not exactly a fiscal conservative. Not that I believe any republican politician is. They TALK about reducing the deficit, but they end up creating more debt.
They TALK about cutting taxes. But, they end up borrowing money from places like China to pay for running the country.
And, still people believe this party will save them money.
It's like what a Doctor I know once said: "It's like robbing Peter to pay Pan."

10. Who could vote from someone who names their children Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper and Trig. I mean, really.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, maybe....she has stock that's done well with 'Bristol' Meyers, gave birth to this child while the 'willows' were blowing, was listening to Scottish 'pipes' when this child was conceived, and her favorite math class was 'trig'.
Actually, after the news of John Edwards, I've given up all hope for any politician to have integrity, honor, and truth. Unfortunately, not sure it will make a difference who's in the white house because we can't trust any of them. How's that for pessimism???? cs

11:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet if Palin were a Democrat you'd be singing a different tune.

5:36:00 PM  
Blogger godfreysmama said...

A Democrat would never be a pro- life, anti- evolution, anti-enviromentalist, pro-NRA, war mongering in the name of God, polar bear killing, book burning, deficit building hypocrite.

Not to mention, I doubt you'll find any demo who has named their child Track or Trig.

So, I don't have to sing a different tune.

But, I like your take on the names, CS!!!

5:53:00 PM  
Blogger godfreysmama said...

Come to think of it, if Palin were a Democrat, the tune I'd be singing would be "Crazy".

5:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was by far my favorite of all your blogs. I wish more people would read this and make their own decision based on the facts you have presented. The person who wrote the petty comment about singing a different tune obviously missed the whole point of your post..... kind of like how the Republicans deflect the truth about Iraq, the economy and global warming by throwing out (up) sound bites.
Keep speaking the truth KW, it is appreciated.

7:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home