Monday, August 31, 2009

Under Surveillance

Last week. I got a letter in the mail from USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center.

Apparently, when you get cancer here in L.A., you are put in something called "The Los Angeles County Cancer Surveillance Program."

So, wanting to do my part in cancer research, I agreed to have someone come over tonight for an interview.

Anything for science.

I signed a form allowing them to have access to my "tumor tissues".
The paperwork states that there is a small risk that a tumor specimen can be lost when being shipped from one location to another.
They assure me the risk is "less than one in a hundred."
That's good to know.

I would hate to think of my ovarian tumor tissue out there lost somewhere. All alone.

This was basically a survey of my gynecological history. Pretty generic stuff.
After about 20 minutes of questions the interviewer asked me to give a saliva sample.
So, I spit 5 times into a little container.
Just like I was asked to.

Anything for science.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be glad to know my husband is their actuary.

SD

7:27:00 PM  
Blogger godfreysmama said...

norris cancer center or the surveillance program??

7:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cancer center

10:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home