Monday, February 18, 2008

Raising McCain

McCain on the Economy:

" This issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I
should. I've got Greenspan's book."

" I'm going to be honest. I know a lot less about the economy than I do
about the military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be
educated."

McCain on the War:

"Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."

"There are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through
the neighborhoods today." (Well, maybe with the 22 soldiers, 10 armored
Humvees and 2 Apache Heliocopters that surrounded McCain when he
visited a neighborhood marketplace in Baghdad).

When asked by a member of a crowd in New Hampshire about Bush's statement that we could be Iraq for 50 years, he replied, "Maybe 100."

McCain on Torture:

Sen. McCain sponsered the 2006 Detainee Treatment Act that prohibits the use of any cruel, inhumane or degrading treatment by the military.

"You torture someone long enough, he'll tell you whatever he thinks you want to know."

McCain states he opposes torture: "It's not about who they are, it's about who we are'

The Senator then went on to vote AGAINST a bill that would extend that ban on torture to the CIA and other intelligence agencies."

McCain on Social Issues:

"It's not social issues I care about."

It's the social issues I care about. Well, that and the economy. Ok, that the economy and the war.
I guess there isn't much McCain and I agree on.

Except that maybe he doesn't understand the economy as well as he should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home